Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Where have I been, Where am I going?




Valie, like his Mom, is in "deep thought"!

"....i have not blogged a word since mid February and when I realized that fact I was shocked.  It's just amazing how fast time flies when you are just going through the motions of livin' your life.

The explanation is quite simple and if the question is "Where have I been", the answer is that I have spent a large part of my days adjusting to the fact that my Mom is really gone.  And to complicate the grieving process, a decision was made to move and while it was one thing to lose my Mom, it was quite another thing to make the decision to leave the family home on a permanent basis.  So, then came the enormous task of breaking up said family home, relocating to the home at the kennel in Connecticut and splitting my time in two towns as I continue to take care of my Mom's elderly sister.  In the interim, I managed to experience knee issues but fortunately, my Orthopedic Doctor said that I could opt for cortisone shots rather than jumping into surgery and since that's working, the answer to "Where am I going" is simple and it's my truest form of therapy:  riding, riding and more riding!

So, with that said, I will see you soon and also, I want to thank all of you that continued to send words of hope and support - you guys are the best!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi just found your blog and I really like it. I'm really sorry as to what your ging through, and hope everything becomes happier soon! Il continue to read you blog and if your ever in the mood swing by mine
http://wildhorseproject.blogspot.co.nz

Ps you horse looks lovely and shiny n photo