Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunset Hill Farm - Barn Extraordinaire

Sunset Hill Farm
Dayville, Connecticut in beautiful New England

Valie is relaxing and eating hay in his "in and out stall's" private paddock. 

The below captioned testimonial is an excerpt from our previous barn's website and I thought it would be perfect to describe our experience when we were there.  We had been there since November 1st, 2014; however, I'm saddened to say that the owner was in a position wherein it no longer made sense for her to retain the property so, it was sold.  Unfortunately the new owners were far from what I hoped for, there was no possible way for them to recreate what we had when Tammy Marino owned the farm and as such, Valie and I had to find a new home yet again.  I have always felt bad about moving my boy and in my humble estimation, it seemed to be too often.  But, as  it turns out and I know that you've heard me say this before, we have found the perfect home, a barn in Mendon, Massachusetts called Whippoorwill Farm and I will soon blog about our experiences from moving-in day to present.  But for now, let me say that we are incredibly happy in our new digs and we love the caring and knowledgeable owner, Lisa Giberti!

*as told by one of our boarders, Cathy Ann Savino-Kedzierski - 
The beauty of this property is evident as you begin to drive down the sloping road that leads to the Farm.  The sunrise and especially the sunsets here are magical.  As soon as your trailer arrives at Sunset Hill, you and your horse will immediately notice an extraordinary environment, one that is peaceful and hospitable and lends itself to relaxed rides that in turn makes for consistent progress.  I can attest to this because this is what my horse and I experienced when first we came!  

As a result of an accident and a very long commute, I was unable to be at our previous barn on a consistent basis.  And, as such, my horse was ignored and was also at the bottom of the pecking order.  However, within a month of our arrival here at SHF, he was gaining weight, his coat began to gleam and he went from unaffectionate and stressed to a loving horse with a calm, quiet demeanor.  This is a direct result of the experienced horse people, the owner/manager team of Julie Ann Marino and Tammy Marino.  They place a high priority on providing top notch, consistent care for every horse in their barn.  The result is that my boy, Valentino, is happy and healthy and as for us, I know that we finally found our permanent home.

Please enjoy the following photos of our farm!
















No comments: